Monday 27 May 2013

Tell me (what's on your mind) by Allah-Las-A special treatment

Tell me (what's on your mind) by Allah-Las-the song,the outfit the photoshooting



Maybe Mondays are not that bad...especially when you had a nice weekend that I hope you did. If not
you can always give a boost to your mood by listening to this amazing song. Lately, I have been quite obsessed with this group which sounds like the bastard child of Yardbirds and Arcade Fire...Lovely music. This band became known to me by Venetia Ioakim while I was in her studio. So this girl not only gave me one amazing dress but also familiarised me with this full of potential band. Today, there is also a series of photos with the dress "Double Sin" (intriguing title isn't it?) designed by Venetia Ioakim (you can find the link to her portfolio in the tab above) and Kostis once more was the photographer (you can also find the link to his portfolio in the tab above). So you can see how the dress really looks like.

The dress is a lovely 60s style dress in the stylish black and white combination. This colour combination is one of my favourites because it give me the opportunity of making a colourful blast intervention with accessories. In this case I combine it with my shoes that I have proposed them in one of my previous posts the "I bet you look so good on the dancefloor" one (http://ladykerouac.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/i-bet-you-look-good-on-dance-floor-by.html). Oh how I love playful high heels. With a pair of knee high lace-y socks it makes the outfit more vintage and also gives a Lolita style hint. The waist belt in my case was a necessity since my figure (the hourglass one) does not allow me not to put emphasis on my slim waist. Tunic dresses are more flattering for slimmer and taller figures. However wear them right and anyone can look good in them

In all of the photos there is no photoshop used. The purpose of this blog is to talk about style and music that is addressed to everyday women. I definitely don't look like a model (as you can understand I love good food) either in the body or the face but I surely don't mind. You have to embrace your self and love it as it is and I have to say that it works for me just fine. It took me a few years, however, to understand it but eventually I made it.

Hence, you can see me to pose proudly with my not at all perfect nose (that I am usually sarcastic about it) and my not slim figure. The most important thing is to feel comfortable with what you are wearing.Henceforth, don't pay attention to fashion, just wear what makes you feel beautiful and look good on you.

The other idea behind the photo-shootings is to show you that I am not serving any commercial purposes. I just love seeing stylish people and what I am proposing is what I actually wear. Therefore (most of the times at least) the prices are regular and you can find these clothes almost everywhere.

Get the look:

Unfortunately Venetia is not sending her clothes worldwide. However there are alternatives for getting this look. There is this special shop called "Olive and Frank" that I found this cute dress with a peter pan collar. However the drawback is that if your size is above 10 it won't fit. I also fell in love with this colour-block bag that looks like an essential accessory of Twiggy's catwalk. And obviously a pair of blue suede shoes, that their colour made them unique and on the same hand are classy because of their simplicity.

I would like to thank Venetia once more for her inspirations and her talent and Kostis for being so patient with me and run all over Athens with me in order to make these photo-shootings. Enjoy and see you soon

xx Lady K.



 The look


Dress
http://www.oliveandfrank.co.uk/collections/dresses/products/black-pearl-embellished-collar-top

Bag
http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/handbags/satchels-handheld-bags/product/90710806-galambos/79&flagid=blackwhiteuk

Shoes
http://www.office.co.uk/womens/office/roundabout/37/13612/38698/1?fs=13612

Socks
http://www.tightsplease.com/brands/charnos/sheer-knee-high-3pp/

Belt
http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/accessories/black-enamel-bow-skinny-waist-belt_273249509

No comments:

Post a Comment