Wednesday 14 November 2012

"Fashions fade, style is eternal." Yves Saint-Laurent

Every morning when I wake up, I turn my computer on and I go to itunes. I press the play in my shuffled playlist and I dress up according to the first song. That's a ritual that I've been following the last 7 years. How to wear your clothes is a creative process that requires imagination and personality. It is a way of showing off the unique you. Why being ordinary when you can be extraordinary? Why not make your own style? Why label yourself? Freedom starts from small things and one of these things is the abolition of any restraints in your style. Any woman should wear what makes her feel comfortable and pretty and not what is inside the magazines. Every one of us is different, so why look the same? 

So, it saddens me that every time that I go outside I have to see people dressed up like a bad experiment of cloning...In Athens (Greece), almost all girls (as I call them: the Rayban chicks) had the same outfit. A pair of jeans (preferably "Diesel"), a Luis Vuitton bag or a Burberry one, their main colours were black, white, beige and grey (yes I know, it couldn't get more boring than that), blonde flashes in their heads and a pair of enormous glasses in the role of a headband. Classy but, oh God, so boring. Now in Glasgow all girls wear shorts with tights, a t-shirt with boyish shoes and the wrong red shade lipstick...Pity isn't it?

So in this blog, I will post my tips, not only in fashion and make up but also in music, books, political matters and other things. Why am I making such a mix and match blog? Well, style is not created only by clothes but also by attitude and mind! I hope that you will enjoy this blog as much as I! Feel free to comment in anything you want, I will be more than happy to have a feedback.

See you

Lady Kerouac

No comments:

Post a Comment